DDNA



#bettertogether

DDNA Monthly Meeting - Minutes

24 Jun 2017 5:03 PM | Anonymous

DDNA Board Meeting

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Began at 6:06pm.  Call to order.  Attendees:   Derek, Allison, Amada and David

Brainstorming Session – Officer Ambush one year after July 7th.   Maybe a banner thanking police.  Derek suggested perhaps a fundraising campaign to purchase a bulletproof vest for an officer.  Amanda, perhaps a ribbon campaign.   Derek:  Let’s ask Officer Songer what his idea is – what they might like.  Let’s see if there is a march or gathering at which we can gather.  Derek will reach out to Officer Songer and Lisa Ledbetter to see what is in the works. 

Membership Dues/Change in Bylaws Discussion:  Amanda mentioned that we are probably moving toward doing away with membership.  We will need to meet in October with membership to let them know about the bylaws changes.  Allison will spearhead bylaw changes.   October 7th we will have a brunch open to members at a location TBD.  In September we will let people know. 

DDI 360 Strategy Meeting:  Friday, June 23rd at 2:30pm.  Derek and Amanda may go. Amanda for sure.  Derek maybe.  Allison and David cannot. 

Activating Vacancy Project:  We should get involved with this.  David will take lead on this with Derek.  Lizzie MacWillie is the contact person at BC WORKSHOP.        

TC Broadnax Standing Meeting Update:  There are participants [see DDNA Agenda for the meeting for list].  It will be quarterly at the Tower Club.  We will work on trying to steer agenda topics for each meeting. 

Newsletter Update:  Next issue is July but we might want to get it out in June.  Need to assign a committee member for future editions.  Austin is willing to lead newsletters.  Depending on if we have content, we might consider not doing a newsletter until we do.  Content ideas:  July 7th Memorial Information, etc. 

Welcome Packet Update:  Packets assembled Thursday, June 29th.  Packets distributed by Amanda and Allison (Friday, June 30th 

Action Item:  Bring membership count nexttime.  David will reach out to about how to use Wild Apricot.  Austin might like to spearhead membership stuff.

Beautification:  David will coordinate this idea of murals, etc., with the Activating Vacancy Project referenced above and in the meeting agenda. 

Business Owner Round Table Update:  May want to include current members.  July 24th or 25th for this meeting with prospective business members. 

Public Safety:  We want to reach out and perhaps publish the properties which passed safety audits.   Saturday, July 15th Lunch to discuss public safety issues. 



Downtown Dallas Neighborhood Association is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software